If you had a chance to swing by East Main or Franklin this weekend, you may have seen some unusual activity in downtown Dwight, as we hosted our 7th(?) annual Route 66 Smokeout competition. Overall, 33 barbecue teams (plus some local Steak competition competitors) came out to cook, enjoy each others’ company, and visit Dwight businesses and sites.
A list of winners can be found on the Smokeout’s “Previous Winners” page: http://www.dwightalliance.org/springfest/bbq/bbq-previous-winners/
Photos will be added in the coming days.
Many thanks to everyone who made this weekend possible:
- All members of the Dwight Economic Alliance, who make it possible for us to put on events that draw people to town
- Cherry Red Roasters for hosting the judging and awards ceremony
- Cherry Red Roasters, Station 343, Aly Anne’s, Willy’s, and Unpossible Mead for showing our guests how Dwight has a good time.
- Rodney Connor for coordinating the entire event and showing the teams the best character traits of Dwight’s people
- Ryan Scott, Whitney Scott, John Salzer, Avery Connor, Reagan Connor, Tommy Legner, Suzie Legner, Joel Sandeno, Erica Sandeno, and others we may have missed for helping Rodney pull it all off.
- Shayla Smith and Destiny Connor for coordinating fundraisers to go along with the event; their helpers, including Randy Irvin, Jill Mann, and Pam Coughlin; and everyone who donated items to be auctioned, raffled, or won.
- All citizens of Village of Dwight for always putting your best foot forward.