The Dwight Economic Alliance is announcing an opening for the position of
Dwight Economic Alliance Coordinator
- Hours – Approximately 18 hours per week. Maintain a regular schedule of “in the office” hours to be available for members.
- Communication – Utilize social media, the DEA website, newspaper, radio, television, etc. to effectively communicate to the public information about DEA’s events, mission, successes, and needs.
- Events – Assist the chair of each event committee with responsibilities common to most events, such as obtaining permits, renting port-a-potties, special marketing, etc.). When necessary, assist in identifying and recruiting new event chairs and volunteers.
- Membership – Work with existing businesses in town to share DEA’s story, to determine how the DEA can be beneficial to that business, and to ultimately secure and retain membership.
- Financials – Handle day-to-day financial tasks (processing “DEA Dollars”, collecting money at events, etc.) and work with the Treasurer to pay bills and maintain records.
- Village – Communicate and collaborate with the Village Administrator and Village Board on working items
- Special Initiatives – Carry out special initiatives, such as overseeing capital improvement projects supported by the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Tourism – Ensure that tourism flyers and programs are ordered, in stock, and distributed as appropriate around town and to tourist groups.
- Donors – Assist in identifying and securing donors for capital projects and events as guided by the board.
- Board – Communicate with the board between monthly meetings to keep projects that you or the Economic Development Director are working on moving forward as needed. Organize documents for monthly board meeting.
- Business Incubator – Assist in the day-to-day needs of the newly forming Business Incubator.
- Facilities – General upkeep of the DEA’s building.
- Time Management – Manage and document how your time is being spent, ensuring that priorities are being addressed.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to manage several irons in the fire
- Planning and organizing, at times months in advance
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Understanding of social media use and effective practices
- A passion for small towns. Loving what you’re doing and feeling great about making a difference is an important part of this job.
Please submit a cover letter addressing why you are a good fit for this role and your résumé as PDF documents to email@example.com or mail a hard copy to Dwight Economic Alliance, 132 E. Main Street, PO Box 294, Dwight, IL 60420. Review of applications will begin on April 12, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.